Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Guitars I've owned

The very first guitar that I got was a Acoustic guitar, and to be honest I don't remember the brand or name of it. I got it when I was 6 or 7 years old, and it was on this guitar that I learned the guitar boogie, power chords and later normal chords. My second guitar was a Duke, an electric guitar (real cheapy crapy one), I also had another cheap guitar that I put my saw in to make it look more tough, it didn't go well. Don't remember the brand on that one either.

Now over to the goody stuff...

When I started playing in my first band, when I was around 16, I got a Washburn (the same model as the guitarist in Nazareth had), and after the neck on that one cracked (I dropped it on the floor in the rehearsal room) I got a Yamaha guitar. Which I blocket the floating tremolo on, because I couldn't get it to stay in tune.

Now a long time followed where I only played Fender and Squier Stratocasters. I started with a cream white Squier Stratocaster with a humbucker at the bridge, that I had for more then 10 years, and I still consider this as one of my best guitars. I have also had a few Fender Stratocasters and a Fender Strat (with a Floyd Rose bridge), and the last one I consider as one of my worst guitars ever. I only had it for a couple of weeks. My last Stratocaster was a Squier, white again, but this time with the original single coil pick ups.


After this I switched to Ibanez, and got a black RG570, a blue SZ520, a blue RG320 and a black Prestige SZ2020EX. I also had a Gibson Les Paul Studio, fire burst. I considered the Les Paul as my main axe during this time, even though I played my SZ520 just as much. It was now I started to use Seymor Duncan pick ups on my Les Paul, a Jeff Beck at the bridge and a Jazz at the neck. On my SZ520 I used EMG pick ups, 81 at the bridge and 85 at the neck (I also had EMG pick ups on the SZ Prestige, but I got that one later).

I still can't tell which pick ups I like the best. I only use EMG as I write this post, a 81 at the bridge and a 61 at the neck on my Vintage Black ESP Eclipse. Which is my only guitar at the moment, and is the same model as the one in this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment